The Fair Work Legislation Amendment (Closing Loopholes) Bill 2023 was introduced in September.
While it remains to be seen what proposed changes will come into effect, directors across Australia are now being urged to make a significant transition in their approach to wage compliance.
The Closing Loopholes Bill: A director's guide
Join Yellow Canary and Herbert Smith Freehills in our on-demand webinar covering The Closing Loopholes Bill and implications for Australian directors.
What you'll learn
Join Natalie Gaspar, IR and Employment Partner at HSF, and Marcus Zeltzer, Co-founder and MD of Yellow Canary, to discover:
- Key changes proposed in the bill and what they mean for directors (specific focus on wage theft, changes to thresholds for serious contraventions, and workplace conduct)
- Real life examples and takeaways of employer non-compliance
- When and how directors should prepare for the proposed changes
- Questions to ask your management team to interrogate compliance processes
- Tips and strategies for navigating compliance
Who is this webinar suitable for?
This webinar is a guide for directors of large Australian businesses, but would also be suitable for managers and leaders who are responsible for payroll and workforce compliance.
Watch now on demand!
* The information in this webinar is current as at 26 October 2023. The content and views expressed in this webinar are general information only and provided in good faith to assist employers and their employees. The information provided does not - and is not – intended to constitute legal or other professional advice, and should not be relied on or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to particular circumstances. Instead; all information, content and materials provided are for informational purposes only.