Yellow Canary (YC) is a growing Australian RegTech company, challenging the traditional approach to workforce compliance. Our platform is designed to help employers do the right thing by their employees - ensuring they are paid correctly in accordance with laws, awards and Enterprise Agreements.
The Business Development Manager builds a pipeline of new opportunities within the direct to employer channel for the Always On Compliance product suite, through prospect identification, lead generation, sales calls, proposal and contract negotiation through to deal closure. The Business Development Manager meets sales goals established by the Head of Growth while delivering the highest standard of integrity, quality, and customer experience to our customers.
Your role will use a consultative selling approach to:
- Generate new leads through networking and active prospecting, including cold outreach (as appropriate), as well as supporting marketing and PR activities;
- Establish, handle, and manage relationships between YC and senior executives of the customer and prospect companies;
- Make sales presentations to prospects at all levels and in a variety of departments (such as HR, Payroll, Legal and Finance) of target companies. Address product uses, benefits, competitive advantages and business terms; facilitate technical follow-up to close sale;
- Prepare winning proposals;
- Negotiate and close deals;
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of YC’s' solution offerings;
- Maintain a real-time understanding of the competitive landscape to assist in figuring out win-based proposals and pricing; and
- Meet or exceed quota expectations.
A little about you:
- Strong sales and commercial experience: in payroll and HRM software sales; bonus points if your experience is with SAAS or RegTech.
- Pipeline management: Experience managing a pipeline of 15+ qualified large corporate-enterprise opportunities.
- ‘One team’ mindset: you care deeply about your team and live a ‘one team’ mindset. You know that your success is measured through the broader teams success as much as it is yours.
- Endlessly curious: You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently exploring and uncovering the needs of our customers and partners to understand how YC can make compliance easy.
- Solution oriented: Proactively engaging customers with a consultative, solution-oriented approach in discovering new opportunities.
- Tech-savvy: Fundamental understanding of technology and engineering practices, and comfortable communicating technology to a variety of audiences.
- Resilient: A self-starter, you’re comfortable working within a fast-paced, collaborative, startup environment.
At Yellow Canary, we’re challenging traditional solutions to workforce compliance and bringing fun into our work. While we’re remote-first, there is also an office based in Sydney that remains open for anyone to choose their working location.
We’re proud of our collaborative culture and commitment to work/life balance, as well as empowering our people to craft their roles and development pathways, with a variety of exciting projects and a genuine, talented team.
If you’re excited about this role, or Yellow Canary as a company, but don’t meet 100% of the criteria, we encourage you to apply anyway. If you need reasonable adjustments, or would like us to use a preferred name or pronoun at any point in the process, please let us know.